Preparing for your Family Session
1. Choose clothing carefully. Long gone is the look of a whole family in khaki pants and white polos. I recommend a coordinated look while avoiding looking “matchy matchy.” Think similar, coordinating colours but with the same pop of colour here and there. If you would like me to take a look at your outfit choices before the session, you’re welcomed to send me some photos!
2. Plan around nap time. While it is best to shoot a few hours before sunset or right after the sun rises, if you have a little one that will be unhappy at those times, please let me know. We want your children to be at their happiest. We can always choose a location with shady options so that we can shoot any time of day.
3. Don’t be afraid of candid photos. While I do some posing during your session, a lot of it will be very natural interactive moments between you and your family. If your child is seeming uncooperative and not wanting to look at the camera, continue laughing and playing. Most of my favourite family shots are when everyone is laughing amongst each other.
4. Pack a little bag of necessities. I recommend bringing some type of little snack just in case your children need a break (non-messy snacks like goldfish or pretzels are great), a favourite toy and an outfit change just in case!
5. Have more questions? Please don’t hesitate to reach out!